Megan Bearce is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in private practice with over 16 years of experience providing support and assistance to super commuter couples, overwhelmed career women, “supermoms,” and gifted girls. She is also the author of Super Commuter Couples: Staying Together When A Job Keeps You Apart, Midwest Book Awards silver medalist. Ms. Bearce is a sought-after speaker and writer on topics including workplace trends, relationships, gifted girls, and women’s issues.
With a professional career spanning two decades as a writer, speaker, psychotherapist, and former CPA in addition to being a mother of two and wife of a super commuter, Megan brings a wide range of knowledge and experience to this book and her practice. Megan has been interviewed as an expert on the super commuting phenomenon by publications including the BBC, Today, CBS Evening News, Huff Post Live, SHRM, Forbes, Market Watch, Profiles in Diversity Journal, and US News & World Report. Her LinkedIn profile was included in the Top 5% most viewed profiles in 2012.
She holds a Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology from Antioch University Los Angeles and a Bachelor of Science in Accounting, minor in Economics from Minnesota State University-Mankato where she graduated Summa cum Laude and was the 1996 College of Business Student of the Year. She worked as a CPA at 20th Century Fox and Grant Thornton LLP prior to changing careers.
More information can be found at www.meganbearce.com.
Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology, 2003, Antioch University Los Angeles
Bachelor of Science in Accounting, minor in Economics, 1996, Minnesota State University-Mankato
Summa cum Laude
1996 College of Business Student of the Year
- Super Commuter Couples: Staying Together When A Job Keeps You Apart
- “The Rise of the Super Commuter Couple” Profiles in Diversity Journal
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Gifted Individuals: Avoiding Common Mistakes & Pitfalls
- An Intro to Employee Assistance Programs
- Common Misdiagnoses and Dual Diagnoses of Gifted Children and Adults
- Gifted Children And Gifted Adults: Neglected Areas Of Practice For Psychologists
- SENG-Model (Supporting the Emotional Needs of the Gifted) Parent Group Facilitator
- Strategies for Strengthening Military Families
- Girls Circle Facilitator Certification
- Community Gang Counselor Certification
Minnesota Association for Marriage and Family Therapists (MAMFT)
Minnesota Women in Psychology (MWP)
Minnesota Council for the Gifted and Talented (MCGT)
Women of Words